Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Paints... Brand Particular

My wife though me rude and absurd yesterday evening. The small bathroom has progressed to the point where she can now step in and paint up the joint. Well, we were in Meijer's, the local large box supermarket... kind of like a Target, but more focused on groceries... though they still have quite a bit of the knick-knacks one ever need. Anyway, we stopped by the paint section for her to look at colors. After a few minutes, she presents me with some colors. And she seems ready to buy.

I kind of give her the, "Are you sure you want this?" look. The kind they had was Dutch Boy. Ugh. At least to me. She had never used it, but the times that I had, they always turned out to be... icky. The paint was very plasticized and would easily peal off even after it had already dried. I dissuaded her though it was obvious she was perturbed by my reluctance to purchase the paint.

After leaving Meijer's, I make a beeline to Home Depot. Not her favorite place, but they do sell the paint that I have very high regard for, Behr. After a few minutes, she produces several Ralph Lauren paint colors and I chose the one I like and back it up with some rationale. Good to go. Ordered up the paint in semi-gloss (easy cleaning in the bathroom) in Behr... I'm glad they have that color scanner to make things easy for us.

Hopefully, she is painting as I type this.

No comments: