Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sealing the Tile and Other Small Wonders

I've put in the first coat of sealer onto the bathroom tile with one or two more to go onto the grout only. Since the tiles are glazed, they only required one coat to last the 20 years. The porosity of the grout calls for additional coats to make sure they are impervious to waters and oils. I'll set up with a foam brush and go over every inch of the grout. Oh fun... remember, I've used small mosaic tiles so there is more grout than say the usual 12X12 or even 4X4 tiles. Man, I'm a glutton for punishment.

On other fronts, my wife rearranged a bit of the landscaping around the house. She's thought a bit further ahead in regards to positioning and moved elements accordingly. The one bad thing, however is that she began to move some elements and decided to go a different direction. The bad thing? Part of it started with removing a bit of lawn. When she decided to do something different, the result was a bit of missing lawn. She didn't cut out the sod and place it aside... she ripped it out. So, one more thing added to my list is to regrow and/or replant that section of the lawn. Ah well.

Some clean up will be in order this weekend as the small bath is coming to a close. Though I have been requested to make some guards for the bunny cages to try to keep as much of the droppings in the cage and not on the surrounding floors. One of our rabbits seems a little ADD and hyper... which results in a lot of mess strewn about from her dashing all over the inside of the cage.

Still up for the small bath is all the fixtures, medicine cabinet, closet door, trim, etc. But I still have to address some issues with the closet flange. Primarily height since it is about 1/4" below the tile surface, so I may end up adding a couple of flange extensions to get the height closer to where is should be. I'll have to visis the local hardware box store to weigh my options.

No comments: